Let's talk numbers first. This year there are even more attendees than last years, approximately sixty thousand (of which 0,0033% work for Vennster). There are 2.555 sessions (of which 0,078% are presented by Vennster, the numbers are getting better :-). The attendees come from 145 countries and various continents: 69% from North America, 21% from EMEA, 6% from Japan and Asia Pacific, and 4% from South America.
ActivitiesFriends and family members sometimes think that OpenWorld means sitting in a park with a cocktail while watching the America's Cup and touring the Golden Gate Bridge. In reality our stay at OpenWorld is jam-packed with lots of events besides attending presentations, going to the demogrounds and discuss the latest products and features, and going to the hands-on-labs to keep up to date with all of the latest developments:
- ACE Director briefing: 2 days filled with the latest updates by product management at Oracle HQ
- Attending Partner Advisory Councils for SOA & BPM, and WebLogic & Cloud Application Framework (CAF)
- Meeting old friends and new and interesting people at the OTN Lounge and ACE dinner
- Participating in OTN vidcasts and podcasts
- Social day and reception with the SOA, BPM, and WebLogic community and Oracle product management hosted by Jürgen Kress
- Meetups such as the BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) architects meetup
- Meetings with customers and partners
- Present two sessions on UX design patterns and a live development session for Fusion Middleware
The upcoming blog will talk about some of the exciting news here at OpenWorld and JavaOne.